Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend checklist

About this time on Sunday night (in this case, Monday) I tend to have these little mental reviews - did I spend my time meaningfully this weekend?  Did I do my chores?  Did I do more art than chores?

  • Washed laundry and put away - check
  • Listed relics of former hobbies on eBay - check (if you need model horses...i have a few...)
  • Sketched - yep!  Four pages of Dachshunds and one sushi lunch.  Waiter asked if I still wanted my soup as I hadn't eaten it....I'm too busy drawing it, you craven vizigoth!  I don't care if it's cold, I've watercoloring to do.  No sense of the aesthetic here.  I'm quite sure in Paris this would not happen.
  • Did my Mom's banking (Mom has Alzheimers, so I get to deal with dreaded math a few times a month, always depressing)
  • Worked in my travel journals - painted backgrounds, printed out some photos, wrote some things in support of my Nick Bantock Spain journal.  For some reason, this book intimidates me a bit.  How do you capture one of the most amazing experiences of your life in a little book.  With mere photos.  Guess that's why it's taken me a year and a half to get started.  Not sure if it will in any way represent, but it certainly won't if I don't do anything it all.  Feeling slightly emboldened.  Slightly.
  • Knitting - knitted three rows!  Wooo hoo!  Mastery of the needles is surely obvious.
  • Swept house - dirt, begone!  Take that, sand...
  • Long artsy discussion with husband the musician - I may be creating the artwork for his band's album. Or whatever they call it now.  They have albums still?  I guess so.
On balance, an adequate mix of the sublime and the ridiculous.  It was a success.


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Looks like a good balanced list I think! By the way, that's awesome about potentially doing your husband's album artwork! Looking forward to more of your sketches and watercolors :)

<3

eb said...

I would love to see your doxie drawings!

xox - eb.